Machine Hazard Class: 2
- Is your print sliced for the correct printer, polymer, and nozzle?
- Do you need a raft? Tall prints, or limited contact area with the build plate are best with rafts.
- Is your print over 12 hours? Talk with a mentor about possible optimizations
- If using a MakerLodge printer, will your print finish before the next MakerLodge Digital Training?
- Put your kerb at the beginning of your saved filename
- Save your slicer file (.3mf) on the same SD card or USB key to increase the chances we can re-start your print if it fails
- Fill out the print log
- Wipe print bed with isopropanol (COVID alcohol is fine) and a paper towel
- Apply a thin layer of gluestick if printing PETG or your print is tall or has limited contact with the build plate
- Start print
- Monitor first 2-3 layers for adhesion or other issues
- Clear bed of printed material
- Wash off glue with with hot water, if used
- Record success / failure on print log