Time required: 15 minutes
Step 1 Download Part File
- Download Flexi Beaver.STL file
- NOTE: This file, and other .STL files, can be modified in most CAD software packages like MeshMixer, Solidworks, etc.
Step 2: Slice Part
- Open the file in the slicing software of your choice.
- Rotate part so that it lies flat on the build plate.
- Choose slicer and printer setting based on the 3D printer you will be using.
- Nozzle size
- Layer height
- Infill (low)
- Slice part and ensure that print time is acceptable.
Step 3: Save and Print the Part
- Save the part to USB or SD depending upon your printer set-up.
- NOTE: Some printers are WiFi capable, in which case sending the file to printer wirelessly will be an option.
- Start the print on the machine.
- Use all safety precautions for your 3D printer!
Step 4: Remove the Print and Clear the Print Bed
- Remove print from print bed when finished.
- Ensure that proper removal technique is used for your printer (e.g. no use of chisel/putty knife on Prusa flexible beds)
- Never push toward your hands or body with a putty knife or chisel!
- Nozzle and print bed may be hot!
- Ensure that all material is removed from print bed and tools are put away.